St Philomena'S College Autonomous
A Bishop’s dream and a Maharaja’s munificence culminated in the establishment of St. Philomena’s College on October 9, 1946. His Excellency the Rt. Rev. Dr. Rene Feuga, the First Bishop of Mysore, vacated his mansion to make room for classes and the Wodeyars, the Mysore Royal family, encouraged the Diocese in its maiden venture into higher education.